Thursday, August 19, 2010

Gear Review - Nite Ize


For a couple of years I have been privy to the Nite Ize company and their innovative products.
The first product of theirs that I found was the Figure 9, a great way to tie down any tarps or rain flies on tents.  Really you could use it anywhere you need to pull a rope taunt and can't remember a great knot to keep it in place.
Next I came across the Carabiner Figure 9, much like the original Figure 9 it helps tie things down.  The upgrades come in the Biner.  All you have to do is clip it to the eye of your tarp or the loop on the corner of your fly and you are half way there, without even using a rope.
The next Nite Ize product I like to use is the S-Biner.  Like the other Figure 9's, the S-Biner comes in many sizes.  It also comes in many colors.  You should be able to find them in stainless and in plastic.  These ones are great for strapping things to your pack, i use it to secure my water bottle in case it falls out of its place.  Another great way to use it is to hang your lantern in camp, or a light from the roof of your tent.  I plan on using an S-Biner to secure my food bag to a rope on my next trip into bear country.
All in all Nite Ize has some great products.  I love finding strong, lightweight, small items, like these, that make life a little easier on the trail and in camp.

1 comment: