Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Trail Report: Tiger Mountain East

Well, I had already written up a post about this hike and somehow it got deleted as I was trying to publish it.  I really don't want to write about it in full so I'll give a quick review, and post some pictures.

This is a local mountain with dozens of trails on it.  My father and I chose to summit on the direct route from the highway 18 trailhead to the summit of Tiger Mountain East.  There are three summit peaks on the hill.  The map below shows the route that follows the service road to the top.  Because the hike is on a service road it makes for easy terrain while climbing.  There are a lot of mountain bikers on the road, so you will want to watch your back, especially on the hike down.  There are views from the top if you are lucky enough to have a clear day.  When weather does allow you will be able to have great views of the Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, and even as far south at Tacoma.
 
View Tiger Mountain East in a larger map


The only summit marker
Mount Rainier blanketed by clouds

Towers at the summit


Getting There:  From Seattle take I-90 East, take exit 25, turn right onto Highway 18, turn off to trail head at the highway 18 summit of Tiger Mountain.  (use map above for the best route for you)
Difficulty:  Moderate
Fees: Discovery Pass or $10 day pass

No comments:

Post a Comment